Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Amana Fridge Freezer. The Fridge is not cooling. The

I have an Amana Fridge Freezer.
The Fridge is not cooling.
The Freezer temperature is fine.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so then if you remove the baskets inside the freezer do you see any ice or frost on the back wall?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I still have the problem.

There is virtually no ice or frost on the back wall.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel.
From there you will see the evaporator, Check to see if this is all iced up. If so then you need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there.

Once thats all clear refit the panels and retry it and fingers crossed that should get the fridge side cold again.

But if the same happens again in say 3 weeks time then its usually down to a fault defrost heater which is wrapped around the evaporator. You would need to test this and replace it if faulty and that should sort it from there.

Check the above and see what you find and let me know.