Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My dometic caravan 3 way fridge does not work on 230V ( no

My dometic caravan 3 way fridge does not work on 230V ( no heat) but is ok on gas and 12V dc. the indicator light is on when each of the 3 supplies is selected. Can you help?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ would you kindly let me have the model number of your appliance please. Secondly are you able to use a multimeter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, model no:RM7291 and yes I do have and can use a multimeter.

OK from what you have said you either have a problem getting mains power to the heater or the heater is faulty. I attach a parts breakdown of the appliance, once you have located item 446 you will need to check continuity through the heater and having assured yourself that this is correct apply power to the unit and check that you have between 220-240Volts at the terminals. Once you have done this come back to me with your results ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, I cannot see your attached breakdown of the appliance on your page or in your email. i cannot see a way of easily removing the fridge from its housing to gain free access to the heater but I can see the heater and services going to it when I remove the vent covers from the outside of the caravan.

http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/rm7291.pdf ~~ try this

you will have to establish if you have power going to the mains element, remember you have two one at 12v the other at 220/240v.