Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Range master 910 feels warm. Have tried resetting to colder

Range master 910 feels warm. Have tried resetting to colder but this morning still warm

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~

Is it warm in both the refrigerator side as well as the freezer compartment or just one or the other, secondly can you hear the compressor (motor) running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Motor running and all inside warm

OK is the motor hot to the touch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No but door casing in centre flap hot
Door casing being hot is normal its an anti condensation heater. If you look at the compressor you will see that there is a large pipe connected, a small pipe connected and a third pipe that is just a stub. If you touch the large pipe about 6 inches up is it cold, equally if you touch the small pipe connected 6 inches up is it hot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry to be so dim but where is compressor area to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the condenser or compressor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me where compressor etc situated
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please give further instructions
OK you need to get behind the appliance and take off the motor cover once removed you will see a large black thing with wires going into and electric cover, come back to me once you have found it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Taken back off and checked the copper pipes and all warm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Taken back off and checked the copper pipes and all warm and the black box very hot

OK from what you have told me your unit is short of refrigerant or the compressor (motor) is not functioning correctly ~ most likely the former. This is not a job for a diy repair as the engineer is required to pierce the copper pipework and check for both refrigerant and compressor operation using specialised tools. If you need me to find you a good refrigeration engineer let me have your postcode and I will let you have one by return post ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. We are surprised because only just out of warranty 3 yr. If you could let us know of an engineer that would be appreciated. Post code PL22 0DX. Many thanks for your help and advice
Try this guy ~~ Nick Rawlinson. The Lighthouse Electrical 01726 822575 Would you now kindly rate my information to you using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are on a free of charge basis. Thank you for using JA ~~ have a great eveing - Ian