Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have just moved and there is a Neff fridge freezer which

we have just moved and there is a Neff fridge freezer which we have just defrosted, but after 6 urs the temp guage is still flashing. worked perfectly before this. Can you advise
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker behind the salad box inside the fridge and start E-nr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr K4664X4GB/02
FD-Nr 8506
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
Is there any cooling at all inside the fridge?
Does the freezer at the top feel cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - the back has a light coating of frost. There is no frost on the the freezer wall sections but a lot of vapour from inside of the freezer box when you open the door.regards Dave
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you press on the back wall inside the fridge does any part of it feel spongy?
Also im taking it the compressor has been running all the time since it was turned back on?
I know its built in but you can normal hear the compressor running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Back wall feels quite solid.compressor appears to be running.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if its still not reached temperture after 6 hours but the compressor is running still then its possibley a weak compressor as it may not be pumping at full pressure around the system of the appliance.
As when yout turn it on it should only take about 4 hours to reach temperture and stops the light flashing.
Now see how it goes over night and if by morning its still the same then you will need to get a fridge engineer in to this as they will need to pull it out and attach there gauges on to the pipe work at the back and see what pressure its pumping at as this isnt a diy repair as you will need to correct tools to do this.
With this being a basic run appliance theres only the control unit and the compressor that can fail. As the compressor is running the the control unit is working so it just leaves the system.
Now it could be a weak compressor so may need a lot longer then normal to get to temperture. But again if this is the case then you tend to find the compressor may fail soon as they run weak and the gives up and doesnt run at all.
So just see how it goes over the next few hours but to be honest i think it has a fault on the compressor system otherwise it would have reached the correct temperture by now.
Sorry its not looking like good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help - will see what happens and let you know.Dave B
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries, Fingers crossed it may just need a little longer but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.