Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got an Amana fridge freezer and am having trouble

Hi, I've got an Amana fridge freezer and am having trouble with he water dispenser. When you try to use the water dispenser is stops and starts and ice falls into the ice dispenser.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also when you ask for water do you hear a thudding noise?
Will it change from water to ice and to crushed ice?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is *****

It does make a noise but only a sort of whirring noise as the cubed ice drops into the dispenser.

It won't do crushed ice - only cubes and then water but only once youve cleared the dispenser of ice!

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. On this model given the fault you describe this is going to be the control board in the freezer door at fault.

As this is the control board that selects which ice and water to do. Now i have replaced loads of them in the past for faults like this which you have.

So to cure this that control board in the door will need to be replaced and that should get it back to normal again from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok - is that an expensive part? Do you have a rough idea of how much it would cost?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid this isnt a cheap part. You are looking at about £200 just for the part. If you want the part number for it its 67003623

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help.