Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Kevin. I bought my Hotpoint WMFL 833G on 1/1/2013. In the

Hi Kevin. I bought my Hotpoint WMFL 833G on 1/1/2013. In the past week or so it will not complete a cycle. The horizontal lights are flashing and it comes to a stop, on any cycle. I have contacted both Hotpoint and Curry's from whom I bought it, without any help. I activated the guarantee for parts and labour shortly after purchase but am getting transferred from one to the other. Can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When them lights flash if you look at the row of leds on the far right which is the cycle phase lights some of them will be lit.

What you need to do is number the lights from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom which should be the door lock light.

Let me know which number lights are lit up when the others are flashing as this is the error code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I will try that but need to put on wash and wait for 30 to 40 minutes before it stalls. Can I message you then?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries thats fine. I will be online till about 11pm roughly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know if you got last mail Daniel. Machine has stopped an hour and 35 into cycle 4 (standard 40 degrees). All horizontal yellow lights flashing including start/pause. Bottom red light is only one on but sometimes this is different. No movement in drum.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If its only the bottom led lit up when the others are flashing then this is error code F01 which is a motor trica fault.

If it has given different codes in the past then it may have a few faults or it could be all down to one. As the code its reporting now is a motor trica fault which explaines why the drum isnt turning.

What you need to do on this if checking it yourself is remove the back and check the wiring going to the motor and to the control board if you can. But if the wiring is all fine then im afraid this error code is nearly always down to the control board at the back. Ive replaced loads of them for this error code.

If you have the warrenty on it then you do need to get Hotpoint in as they will need to replace the control board and program it up with there laptop as the boards are sold blank so have to be programmed up with the laptop im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Daniel. Thanks for the advice, though nothing is solved. There's no way I'm tampering with wiring. I'm not qualified to do so. I'll have to get on to Hotpoint again. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi No worries thats fine. But if you get in touch tell them you get error code F01 and that way they should have the control board with them in there van. Saves it being a return vist if they have to order it. Regards