KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My name is ***** ***** I have been following your advice my

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been following your advice my indesit 143 has similar problems. It will spin in isolation, drain and fill. When I put onto a full program it drains and then faults on the spin transition. I have cleaned filter and checking pump assembly no blockages. Do you have any thoughts please
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi Karl, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Inndesit WIxl143 (6kg) it is 5 years old but been in store for 4 years
OK, so when you start it goes straight to drain and then will spin and drain again ? Another thing, have you already cleaned the Pressure Switch located inside the top right or left side of the washer ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On a wash cycle it fills then drains and tries to spin but makes a clicking type noise and the gies to fault. No switch cleaning yet how do I access that one pleasec
OK, you can access that switch after removing the control, looking from the front it is located on the right side usually ... where is that clicking noise coming from door switch or drain pump ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The clicking I am not sure it sounds more electrical than mechanical if that makes sense. The door seems fine with no issues.
Ok to access the switch do I need to take the lid off. One other thing I have looked up the waste pipe leading from the drum a see a ping pong ball type thing is that normal ! I guess so to control the flow of water.
Yes you have to take the lid off ... if the drain pump is completely clean then cleaning the pressure switch and thin hose attached to it might solve the problem ... the ball is normal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok give me a while to carry out those actions thank you ! I will let you know how I get on
Sure, if you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have got that part and all is clean I have blown through the pipe anything else worth checking while I am here all clean under the lid
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I have put it all back together and the same fault occurs !
OK, thanks for trying ... as it drains fine so I believe the drain pump is fine, you have already checked the door switch and that is fine as well ... the problem is most likely with the motor.. looking at the age of this washer its better to replace the motor brushes.. new one will cost you around £14
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - motor brushes I guess I need to call an engineer at this point
OK, let me know how it goes