Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have a washing machine becko wm5100w having problems with

hi. have a washing machine becko wm5100w having problems with it heating up. i have change the element and thermostat and control knob and chip but still not heating water up. all it doing is fulling up swirling the water then empty and does this 4 times then finishes i have reset it too. all i can think it be is the main board now or is they another small part i need to change cost me £50 all ready. regards kev
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer isnt heating up and you have already replace the heater then its more then likely the control board.

As on the control board is a heater relay so if this fails it will stop sending the power to the heater unit so you get this fault.

Im taking it if you set the washer going on a rinse only cycle this works fine?

But in these washers there isnt much that fail other then the drums and control boards. They are the parts that we replace the most on these.

But from the fault you describe this is looking like the control board here im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes on rinse cycle it is fine yes. am i ok buying a second hand board say from ebay or new.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its fine on rinse then im pretty sure the control board is the fault here.

So try the board you get and let me know how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok got part coming tomorrow so will let you know.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries, Speak soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi put the new board in put it on 40 wash runs an hr does not heat up then ends still. what else can it be

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi put the new board in put it on 40 wash runs an hr does not heat up then ends still. what else can it be?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so with the new board, new heater and thermistor its still not heating?

Does it seem to be filling with water ok?
As the only other thing is the pressure switch. But its very very rare these fail on this washer as i dont think ive replaced one before for this fault.

Locate the pressure switch and remove the hose going to the bottom and blow hard down it.
Then blow up the pressure switch and then retry it.

Also check the wiring going from the heater up to the control board and check theres no breaks in the wires.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou for all your help. once i changed the board all was well. it was me testing it on a 40 degree cycle and i could not feel the heat till my wife said try a 60 degree it worked fine. regards kev