George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The water that is supposed to go into the fabric softener

The water that is supposed to go into the fabric softener tray to dispense it is only flowing into the tray for the detergent. So the fabric softener isnt draining at all. What is causing this? The model of washing machine is an Indesit PWE 91672 W. 

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Has this only just started to happen or has it been happening for a while?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello George, my name is Jessie.

Its happened pretty much ever since we got the washing machine and we've had it a while. My mother thought it was because we hadnt levelled it properly, bu there was no problems with noise, excessive movement so i didnt think this was the case.

I took it all apart and cleaned the tray, all the jets etc and there is definately no blockage. I took the soap dispenser tray out to watch the water come down and briefly it came out of the correct side. For about 2 seconds. And then reverted to only jetting from the side the powder goes in, which doesnt wash any of the fabrc softener away.

I read online somewhere that indesit models often have 1 water valve for both sides of the dispenser tray and that the valve is then directed into either side by a nozzle which can sometimes get stuck or the spring can break. Seeing as this happened from the get go, how likely is it that that would be the problem. Sorry for the lengthy message just want to be sue ive given you as much info as possible.

Hi Jessie,

There is only one water inlet on the outside of this appliance but that inlet has a double solenoid on the inside of the cabinet.. Each solenoid feeds water to its destination as it is powered.

It sounds to me like one of the solenoids is defective.

Below is an image of a valveset that you may understand what I am saying:

graphic