Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have just installed a Elica Etoile ceiling mounted extractor

We have just installed a Elica Etoile ceiling mounted extractor fan but can't get the remote control to 'talk' to the fan despite holding down t2 and t5 buttons for ages . Do you have any suggestions. The remote lights up, as does the fan for a few seconds when we press reset. Many thanks.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that.Does the fan itself do anything, any clicking etc?Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Mike

the only thing that happens is that the LED comes on for a few seconds when we press reset. no sound at all from the fan. The remote control has a LED light too which shows when we press the buttons. The strip lights on the fan haven't come on either.

Would welcome any suggestions.

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,It sounds like you set the channel correctly and that the remote is working.Have you been able to get the fan or light to turn on from the switch on the fan?If you can please let me know. I need to be sure it is wired correctly that will tell me a lot.If it does work from the lamp itself, then the receiver in the fan is defective and needs to be replaced.In that case you would have that one exchanged or repaired under warranty costing you nothing;-)But please keep me informed and dont forget to rate my service to you kindly, it doesn't cost anything and is the only way Im credited for my time with you. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

we think it is wired correctly as all we have done is plugged it in to a socket in the ceiling which our electrician did. There doesn't seem to be any switch in the unit apart from the reset button And this doesn't switch light on. sadly we ordered this unit from Italy so not sure how easy it will be to get it looked at , if you have any other ideas let me know.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, good morning,Make sure there is indeed power at that outlet where you plugged the unit in.Sometimes the outlet will be dead due to a circuit breaker failure, you can verify power if you plug something else that work into that spot. Please let me know.If you are sure there is power there then in this case unfortunately you have one with a bad receiver board in the fan unit.I did a bit of checking for you on this and the company,Elica has had a few returns on their ceiling fans in recent weeks due to a defective component. They didn't say much else about it but it sounds like you unfortunately got a bad one. At least it is still fully covered under the warranty. SO you can exchange that one for a new one no cost to you;-)I know is really a pain when things like this happen, Believe me, and for me its worse sometimes being a Technician as I could fix a lot of stuff but not to void the warranty even I have to follow the procedure lol.I would contact them or even the electrician to be sure he did wire correctly, theres always a chance even that wire came loose inside where he made the connections, its happened to me a few times as well.In any case this shouldn't cost you anything.I hope this helps, pleas have a great Sunday and don't forget to rate my service as its the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.