Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint wmd960p washing m/c. 5 - 6 years old. Experiencing

Hotpoint wmd960p washing m/c. 5 - 6 years old.
Experiencing burring and roughening on woollens and towels?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.Does the machine sound different on those cycles?Or is the machine actually damaging the fabric?Thank youTech MichaelThank you for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cannot detect any difference in in noise?

How could the m/c actually damage the fabric?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, if there were something wrong with the drum or bearings on that washer it could easily cause damage to the cloth;-)You said " burring and roughening on woollens and towels" What exactly did you mean?Thanks ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife states that the washing is not as smooth as other as other peoples. She says an old fashioned expression for it was felting up?

that is nearest I can come to explaining it to you.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi lol,Thanks I figured that much;-)This could be an adjustment on the leveling legs causing this symptom.Especially since the machine is still doing a good job and doesn't have a burning smell or a grinding sound I'm sure its OK;-)Also, as machines like this one age, the sound will change a bit over time but it really doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem.But I would check the levelness of the washer then correct if needed.Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.Also you can try a different detergent or softener those are the fact on this one.In any case, I will stick with you please rate my service kindly to you at this time, I will still be here for you no additional cost to rate and have a wonderful day!Tech Mike ;-)