George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Operating module no 00471799 microwave oven broken

Customer Question

operating module no 00471799 for siemens microwave oven broken and obsolete. .? Any one to repair module or non siemens stockist who may have a module
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,are you saying the part is obsolete or are you asking us this?And by operating module do you mean, the electronic keypad etc?Please explain.Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The part whose siemens part number identifies the item is obsolete and is responsible for time led not working. It is not an electronic key pad. Th
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** not the electronics keppad is it the board that attaches to the back side of it?Please explain which board you are speaking of and how you are sure thats what is wrong?Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're the expert with access to service and parts manuals,electronic engineers who repair mother boards and retailers selling obsolete parts for different appliances. Hence its no good you asking me too many questions. I don't know anything other than the fact that the led that displays time of day and duration of " on" don't work on our siemens Microwave oven no E-Nr HB86E560B/02 andFD 8710 and siemens engineer informed us that faulty part is asI've described. I can get this board for £150 which is excessive and looking for something cheaper but preferably a repair which I guess would be much less as likely only one or two components gone as the appliance works perfectly otherwise. If all of this is ouside your remitplease refund fee. Thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the reason I asked you what part basically is because we as technicians call that part the clock module or the control board.So I needed to be sure exactly which board you meant.Where did you get that price?ThanksTech Mike
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

I am sorry to say that as you have already stated, the part that you require has been made obsolete.. Unfortunately you cannot buy the two parts of the board separately and therefore must rely on used parts to repair any boards that are in need...

Please contact the following companies to seel if one of them can help you with a repair, hoping that the led is not defective, or the companny may have reclaimed parts.

If the list of companies helps you, then please rate the assistance I give; if the list does not help, please do not rate:

--------------------------------------
NOVA electronics
700-702 Attercliffe Road
Sheffield
South Yorkshire S9 3RP
Phone #0***-***-****
--------------------------------------
QER Ltd.
Quality House
Reedlands Rd
WORKINGTON
Cumbria CA14 3YF
Phone #0190-067913
--------------------------------------
EMW Electronics
The Barn
Millfield
Forest Road
Oxton
NG25 0TD
Phone #0115-9652-118
--------------------------------------

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Hello, I am wondering if I can get some feedback on the repair-side of the query from you.

Can I ask If you were able to gain a repair of the module from any of the repairers I gave you... If so, how quick was the turn-around, and how expensive was the repair?

The information would be appreciated and would be good for future issues with these products.

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't get oven out to access board. You have its details, any help. On hols for 2 weeks
The way the oven is fixed will be relative to its housing, and in some cases there will be no fixing and it will just slide out..

You will need to assess this yourself, or maybe contact the fitter who fitted it for you.

Have a good holiday