Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a hoover dyn7164d1x/1-80 washing machine, which

hi, I have a hoover dyn7164d1x/1-80 washing machine, which when switched on, briefly displays H 8 on the l.e.d display then just goes off seconds later. that's it no power no nothing.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.That error indicates the Tach has failed. an needs to be replaced.If you want to fix this your self and are a bit handy I will help you with this.Also I can tell you the best place to get the part.Please rate my service to you kindly thus far, I will stick with you until this is complete;-)Have a great day!Tech MikeThank you for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you have a part number & place to purchase please?

Thanks, ***** ***** in the US or the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

uk ( Rochdale )

Thank you for that.Please visit this site or better yet call for the part. You can ask them for the Tach, they will let you know current pricing and availability.http://www.ereplacementparts.com/Or call:(###) ###-####on-Fri 8am - 10pm ESTSat 9am - 8pm EST