Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Just purchased integrated whirlpool 6th sense dishwasher to

Just purchased integrated whirlpool 6th sense dishwasher to replace our 15 year old diplomat and have unpacked it. However don't understand how the door is supposed to stay closed during wash cycle? There does not appear to be a catch as there is on our old machine. Mal Balmer
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.May I have the full model # ***** your dishwasher?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whirlpool 6th sense ADG8410FD
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that on this model there is no external catch for the door its all done internally. Is your machine hooked up and set to run yet?Also do you have the user manual?Please keep me posted if you need me further and don't forget to rate my service to you kindly;-)ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's great. No it's not ready to go yet. We eventually found instruction book inside machine but it does not say anything about door lock. Mal
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mal lol,All sounds ok so far;-)If you run into anything you don't understand please let me know I'm here to helpHave a great day and please rate kindly at this time, no cost and I will still be here after that for further info you may want on this. No cost there either;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one concern is that we had to remove plastic retainer in order to open the door and are hoping that that hasn't damaged product
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm not sure what retainer you are talking about but it sounds like shipping material to keep the door safe during shipping is all. I think everything is going well.I'm here if you need me;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome, I would much rather you do this correct instead of having problems later;-)Tech Mike