George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dales I have a whirlpool digital electronic 6th sense fridge

Hi Dales I have a whirlpool digital electronic 6th sense fridge freezer... it has been working fine but we had a power cut and now the indicator on the front keeps giving me the red triangle warning light... when I push the standby button twice it go's back to the right setting but then reverts back to the flashing red triangle again.... the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge is not very cool... is there a reset button somewhere.... Regards.... Steve
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you supply the model and service code of the appliance please.. This will be both on the data label inside the refrigerator compartment and on other labels on the casing of the appliance.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available. Ian Dales may respond to you later as he is the requested engineer but he will also require this information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

8586 412 11000....... 11 0714 019097

These are the two service numbers above bar codes on the metal plate inside the fridge...

Steve

Thank you Steve,

1. Can you supply the model number please from the data label inside the fridge...

2 . Can you remove the drawers from the freezer and tell me if you can see any ice or frost on the back-panel behind the drawers...

3. Have a look/listen to see if the fan in the freezer is operating
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have sent a picture of the Plate... I don't know what one is the model number.... yes there is ice and yes I can hear the fan running...

Steve

Ok thank you Steve... The model number of your appliance is (20RWD3 A+ SF).

It sounds like you have a common problem where the ducts that transfer air from the freezer to the fridge have become blocked by ice or have been frozen so that their flaps can not operate.

You need to remove all the food from your freezer and place it somewhere where it can stay frozen..

You then need to turn off the appliance and leave it for atleast 24hrs with the doors open.. Leave some towels in the base of the freezer to soak-up any water coming from the defrosting.
Once you turn the appliance back on, the appliance may take upto 12 hrs to come back down to the correct temperature.

Please rate the assistance given today & feel free to return for further advice on the matter once this is done