George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Red light comes on but machine does not start ? pump prob

Red light comes on but machine does not start
? pump problem
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you supply the ENR of the appliance please.. This will be etched into the upper-most part of the metal part of the door.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SBV65M00GB/44

So Tony, you choose your program and the light changes to a single LED of your program choice... Do you then hear any sounds at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
We set the program push the start button and the time set stops flashing.
Close the door and the red light shows on the floor but nothing else happens
No sounds at all
At this point Tony, the drain pump should start for a few seconds and then it should start to fill... I would therefore assume a problem with either the pump or with the Aquastop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So where do we go from here??
First, drain any water from the appliance by using cups and towels; locate the drain pump on your appliance.. you can get access to it from behind the kick-panel under the door...

remove the pump to check for blockages stopping the pump rotating.. Whilst there, ensure that the pump is actually in good order by using a multimeter on i, or by removing it for a live test (NOT CONDONED).

If the pump is ok, check that it is acually getting a supply. If it is not getting a supply then suspect the PCB. If it is getting a supply, suspect the Aquastop and test to see if the aquastop is getting any power.

Please rate the assistance given by me today & then feel welcome to ask further questions relating to this issue; I will assist if I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems pump was blocked as working OK now