Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The washing machine stopped,whilst washing,it did not appear

The washing machine stopped,whilst washing,it did not appear to have spun the clothes . I drained the machine,and checked the filter,it was clear,and the vanes on the pump were clear. When I tried to switch it back on, all that happens it that the on/off button flashes and thats all. I have tried unpluging it and left it for a while,and then plugged it in. Tried again, but still just the green start button flashing.
Hope that you can suggest a quick fix.
Yours
Iain Brockie
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

zanussi ZWF 12370 W

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is.

Set the washer to a spin cycle and start it if you can.
Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it and hold them in for several seconds and then an error code will come up E??
Even if the washer wont start hold them buttons in and see if the code still comes up.

Let me know the code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ERROR CODE E51

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ERROR CODE E51

THE START BUTTON IS STILL FLASHING

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. Im afraid this isnt good news. As it will be either the motor of the control board thats causeing this fault.

To find out which what you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel. There you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum.
Remove the wiring block from it and then retry the washer.

If it starts up and fills with water and starts counting down then the motor is the issue.

But if after that its still the same then the control board is the fault.

As the E51 means motor trica fault. So most of the time its the control board that causes this. But sometimes if the motor fails to earth it can also cause the same code so by doing the above you will be able to see which it is.

But im afraid in either case its not going to be a cheap repair.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

was the code E51 any help?

when I turned the programme knob to spin,and tried to start it there was no response,just a flashing button,

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

I did post an answer for the regarding the E51 error code. Not sure if you have seen it. If not i will post it again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how does the block come off? It doesn't want to come apart.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Just pull it out of the motor. Sometimes it can be tight so you may need to wiggle it out from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I managed to get the block out, tried to get the machine to run, the only thing working is the flashing light. Bxxxxr.

thanks for your help, is it probably better to buy a new one as this machine is about 6 yrs old.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok im afraid in this case its the control board here which probberly isnt worth replacing on a 6 year old washer.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Also if you could rate the answer that i gave that would be great.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cheers ***** ***** "good news"

Iain