Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a de Dietrich a plus fridge freezer and my freezer is

Customer Question

I have a de Dietrich a plus fridge freezer and my freezer is not working properly there is a button underneath it should this be pressed in
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
De Dietrich a plus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also what number should the fridge unit be on
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
I need the model number please. If you look inside the fridge there will be a sticker in there with the detals.
Can you post the model number thats on there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drs 1135
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??????
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok im not getting any info comming up on this model. Ive just seen you are in spain so that could be why its not comming up on the data base as they only list the UK models.
The button you say is this on the thermostat itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No underneath the freezer compartment is a button it says off and one can press it in so I am not sure if u press it in is it off or when you see the off word should one press it in for on?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok i not sure which button you see as i dont have acccess to any service info on this so i will opt out and if another expert can help they will jump in.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, different expert here. How old is your freezer?Also what exactly is it doing that isn't normal?The fridge controls should be set about mid point.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's four years old I am just not sure underneath the freezer compartment is a button I can't remember noticing it before and it says off - could it be a fast freezer button so if it says off that means it is just freezing normally and if I press it is it fast freezing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also what number should a fridge be on because there seems to be ice on back of fridge
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for that. Yes that is a fast freeze mode button, this is used when you load the freezer up and want it to cool quicker. it will time out automatically after a press.As for the ice on the back wall of the freezer that may be a defrost issue and explain why you are having this problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the double post.We will need to check a few things. but that may take a bit of time. What you need to do is unplug the freezer for 24 full hours, to let the unit defrost with the doors open and a towel to catch all that water from the ice inside behind the rear wall.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
next check all the door seals, let me know if they are sealing properly as this can cause excessive frosting and icing backthere which makes the freezer not cool properly due to air flow restriction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok theank u
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Once it is all defrosted and dried out, plug it back in and turn it on to mid point setting, anywhere about 5-6 is ok
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
dont know why the system is acting up today sorry lol;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Then if the seals look good, run the freezer it should work fine for a few week and maybe ok atltogether, but if you ntice ice building up again contact me for further instructions as we may need to replace a defrost component.Since this will take some time, please rate my service to you now kindly so I will be able to continue with you then at no additional cost on your part and you will then be able to contact me anytime when you may need me. no cost to rate either;-)I will be here.Thank you and have a nice Sunday!Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi did you get that last message about the defrosting?
As this is a possible defrost issue and may need a part to be replaced, its pretty easy to do if you are little handy and have a few basic tools.
Please remember to rate my service at this time, it will keep us locked in and at no additional cost to you so we can continue once the unit is defrosted and running correctly again.
Tech Mike