Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Re a Grundig UM9140 very little use but out of warranty. When

Customer Question

Re a Grundig UM9140 very little use but out of warranty. When switched on the blue light on the speed controller flashes after a few seconds. I believe this is a common fault on these. The motor and brushes are in good condition but no power supply to the motor. Is it the speed switch or the PCB that is the most likely fault? If component replaced will it need speed tuning? Thank you.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries --

I have done some fishing around and it seems that there are no spare parts or services available for this appliance. The distributor which I have listed below has indicated the following ~

a. If the product is within 12 month of purchase return it to the retailer who will sort out your problem.

b. If outside of the 12 month point contact RKW (Wholesale) Ltd who are bit cagey as to where they are located but I think Stoke on Trent on the following telephone number who will arrange collection and/or repair/replacement ~ 0871(###) ###-####img src="skypec2c://r/204" alt="" width="0" height="0"/> 0871(###) ###-####-- In some cases this appliance is covered by a 3 year warranty so this may be worth checking out.

Hope that helps you