KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My beko wm71455 lw wash machine fills and drains ok but wont

Customer Question

My beko wm71455 lw wash machine fills and drains ok but wont spin or tumble. Have changed carbon brushes. What else can it be? Have cleaned pump and filter so no blockage there
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... as the pump is clear and motor brushes has been replaced the problem could be with the motor itself, the motor control board, the main control board or the wiring. How old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is approx 2 yrs old. It worked fine, then next time i tried to use it it wouldn't spin etc. I found a coin in the pump drain place. Drains as normal though

ok, with the washer unplugged...remove the rear panel and check the wiring to the motor, also clean the waste pipe from the drum to the drain pump and make sure every hose connected to the pump is cleaned ... if all this is done and problem is still there then it can be the motor that is bad .... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i cleaned all the pipes. I removed the motor to fit brushes so connection is ok.

OK looking at the age of this washer it is either the motor control board or the motor itself that is bad and will need replacement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

these sound expensive. Is there a way i can check which it is please

Can you test the motor with a multimeter ?
Please let me know if you have checked it...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have no way of checking the motor. I have had to dispose of the item

OK, let me know if you need any help ... Thanks