Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a New Home Janome ENX24 sewing machine which has been

Customer Question

I have a New Home Janome ENX24 sewing machine which has been working fine. Today I was filling a spool and the power was very slow and then the machine stopped and it has a slight rubber burning smell. I assume it is the belt that has gone. Can you tell me where to look to see if it has broken and how I can replace it please.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Eileen Holmes
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eileen,when you say the machine sounded slow, was the motor running at full speed like normal or did it seem like it wasn't getting enough power?Please check that for me.Also how old is your sewing machine?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael

The machine seemed like it wasn't getting enough power even with my foot right down on the foot control. It just got slower and slower and then stopped completely before the spool had completely filled. The machine is 12 years old but not used very frequently. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eileen, this may be something other than the belt. I will send you a phone call offer from JA then if you accept that I can hear it maybe and discuss this further with you so we can be sure whats wrong.Or if you don't want to do that I will work with you here like this either way. If you do accept the offer, please then send your phone # ***** I will call you at your convenience;-)Thanks Eileen.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for phone offer but I am not paying for 'Extra' help when I haven't yet had any. Can you please answer my original question about the belt.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thats fine Eileen, it doesnt matter to me;-)It sounds like the motor or the drive train need repair or lubrication. With that symptom its not likely the belt but rather a tune up up from a sewing machine repair shop.They will have the specialty tools for doing this.Most vacuum cleaner repair shops also service sewing machines as well.It could be that the lube they use in the gear box has hardened and is causing the binding, or it could be the motor itself which isn't very expensive or hard to replace. I have seen this first hand many times. Please let me know if you have a local shop for this or if you need help finding one;-)Thank you Eileen and have a great day!Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I am not satisfied with that answer. You have given about 4 alternatives about what it MIGHT be. The question I asked was how to find the belt on my machine and how to replace it. This is the question you said you could answer. Can you please answer this and not give me a load of 'maybes'. If you can't answer it, as quoted on this site, I request my money be refunded.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi please understand that this is technical and I gave you the possibilities.From what you describe it could any one of those things. Not likely the belt.If all you want is this know how to replace the belt let me know, I wont leave you in the middle unless I cant help;-)Then a new tech would be assigned but I have over 30 years experience with sewing machines hands on repair.Thank you for understanding.Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi if you can't tell me how to find the belt on my sewing machine and how to replace it please transfer my question to somebody who can, or, reluctantly I will report this site for wasting my time and money. I paid for my question to be answered and after numerous messages I am no further forward.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Please just answer my question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Answer quality. Please just answer my question

It is now over 4 hours since I first asked my question which you have failed to answer. I now request a refund of the £27 I paid in good faith as I was told the question could be answered.