George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosch integrated/built in fridge/freezer is approx. 5/6

My Bosch integrated/built in fridge/freezer is approx. 5/6 years old. There is a problem with the hinges, at present the door of the freezer will not open more than 6 inches. I do not have the old manual for the unit - can you give me any idea of the model number so I can get a new set of hinges? Many thanks, ***** ***** hoping. Ann XXXXX

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ann, sorry to hear that.Is there any way you could get the model or the serial #?ThanksTech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ann, my name is George..

Please excuse the question above, the person answering you has obviously not read the question you asked..

Unfortunately, there are many frdge freezer models built by Bosch and the hinges differ throughout the range.. The only way for you to get the information you need is to either get the door open to read the label on the interior of the refrigerator compartment, or remove the fridge from the unit (If possible) and look at the side of the appliance.. there is usually a sticker on the side which has the Model/ENR on it.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Hello Ann, my name is***** have been informed that you have left a negative rating for the assistance I gave you regarding you attempt to get at the model number of the fridge with the problematic hinges... Since I have received no further response from you relating to this matter, can I ask if there is a reason for the negative rating? Can I also ask if you need any further assistance with the matter. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George

Sorry for the delay in answering your answer! I did as you suggested and found the model number on the inside of the fridge – and assuming it would be the same for the freezer section I then looked again at the net and found a company who supply parts – phoned them and they put me right – so ordered the hinges required and this morning I have a fitter in my kitchen putting the new hinges on the freezer door.
Excellent Ann,

Yes Ann, the number is ***** same for the fridge and for the freezer.

Can I ask that you now leave a positive rating for my assitance..

with kindest regards
George
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair