Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Can't remove filter on RSH7ZNRS. Have tried turning to left

Can't remove filter on RSH7ZNRS. Have tried turning to left and pushing upwards and turning to left but no movement. Do not want to damage by applying xs force.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you clarify a point please, according to the service manual this fridge/freezer is fittet with an external filter, can you confirm that this is actually the case? ~~ if however it is the internal filter as I expect then I have attached a link to the user handbook, if you go to page 28 it shows how to remove the internal filter ~~

-- http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201407/20140723173622507/DA99-02291A-16.pdf

Would you now kindly rate the information supplied by using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are free of charge.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an internal filter.
I am trying to remove the old filter by turning it anti-clockwise but it is not moving . I have also tried pressing upwards whilst trying to turn it anti-clockwise but to no avail. The filter appears to have been fitted correctly, with the marks lined up.
I do not want to force it and damage the housing.
Assuming you have switched the water off, you should be able to just turn it through 90 degress anti clockwise and it should then be removable. There is no need to push it upwards when taking it out only when putting the new one back in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have turned off the water but filter cartridge will not turn at all.
Any further advice please?