Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch microwave is on and turning, light on, door locked

Customer Question

My Bosch microwave is on and turning, light on, door locked shut. Won't turn off. Only button that works is the clock setting!
Help!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this sounds like one of two things here either the door interlock safety switches have failed or there is a short on the main control board. I suspect the door switches. If you are handy you can replace this. These switches come separately or as a one piece unit mounted to a plastic bracket. I recommend getting that one because to line them all up exactly where they need to go can be a pain if your not used to doing this.To test if it is a switch problem in the door.First open the door, then inspect the door catches, do they look ok nothing broken?Next o the microwave door and plug it in so it runs, lift up and press down on the door also try pulling and pushing in different directions, let me know if that has any effect on the the micro turning off.Warning, please don't let the micro run with the door open!!!!I will be here let me know if this changes anything, Also have you had any electrical storms recently and when sis this problem first occur?Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. The microwave door won't open.Pushing the button to open the door does not do anything. Also, when I plug the microwave in it the light goes on and the plate inside turns, so it looks like it is permanently on. None of the buttons on the control panel do anything apart from the clock setting buttons. I could send you a small video to an email perhaps?
Tom
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom, this definitely is the door interlock.
Its easy enough to replace and I will help.
The best place to get that switch mechanism is http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/
It is best to call them for this part.
Please call: 0844(###) ###-####
Tell them you need the door interlock switches with the plastic bracket.
That way all you need to do is replace the whole assembly in one shot with the switches already lined up as they need to be.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, since it may take a bit of time for you to get that please kindly rate my service before closing this page, then you can contact me anytime when you are ready to make the repair;-)
No cost to rate or for additional help from me.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - do I need to tell them the model number?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,
yes all you should need is the model # ***** your microwave;-)
Let me know how that all goes.
Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
d