Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Toshiba laptop C50--14D CEL. It won't let me

Customer Question

hello I have a Toshiba laptop C50-B-14D CEL. It won't let me open my email, calendar or contacts. It starts to open them and them just goes back to home screen?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.How old is your computer?Also when did this begin to give you this trouble?Was it after any download that you are aware of?Also what operating system are you using, and what e mail server do you use?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tech Mike

I am not the most technical but will try to answer your questions.

Purchased Oct 2014

Started today

Wasn't downloading anything I was opening a PDF that I trusted

I use Hotmail & outlook for emails and how can I find out what system I am using?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that,Are you running Windows, which version? If you know.Also what exactly happens when you try to open your mail?Also is there anything else that seems not to be normal when trying different applications?Thanks for your patience.Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using Windows 8.1 with Bing.

When I double click the mail icon it starts to open and then just goes back to start screen. then the icon is displayed on bottom of my desktop but it isn't open.

My payroll program did make me re-enter my licence info earlier which was weird. Everything else seems ok.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks try this for me before we go further. If you can, unplug the laptop and remove the battery for 10 full minute then re attach the battery and plug the unit in.Waif 30 seconds then turn on your laptop. when it comes up, try your mail once again, if this cleared the problem please rate kindly but if its still the same please don't rate yet but let me know about that and we will try something else. Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues;-)And take some time to sort out.Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK will give that a go thanks, ***** ***** you know!

Tried that not worked unfortunately. Now giving me following error -Runtime error!Program: ...pData\Roaming\WTools\SelectionTools.exeThe application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.!!!??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will be here if you need me;-)
I saw a reply on here from you but nothing in the body of the message?
If you did write to me please re send .
Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I edited my earlier answer by mistake can you see it?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I see the rev now.
If you want I could call you about this one, its a mess basically.
It might be easier that way. JA charges a bit more for this not me. But if you agree I will call you at your convenience to discuss this error. I was wondering why you didn't have the error already lol.
If you don't want the phone call, just decline it and we can work here like this.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much will a phone call cost please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
The phone call is $5.00.
If you accept the offer I sent I can call;-)
Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
d