Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am unable to reset the clock on my Flavel-Leisure Rangemaster10

I am unable to reset the clock on my Flavel-Leisure Rangemaster10 cooker and hence the ovens will not fire up. Can you please advise.
Thank You --- Gus.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Can you post the model number of the oven please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model :- Flavel-Leisure Cooker - Rangemaster 110.

Brochure Ref. 1 FO 365 04.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

These numbers are just a range models not the actual model of the appliance.

But dont worry, How many buttons does your timer have?
Also which buttons did you press to try and set the time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The timer has 6 buttons --from left to right - Minute timer, - cooking time -stop time -manual/automatic -- - setting knob -- + setting knob.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok normally to set the time on these you need to number the buttons from left to right with 1 on the left.

Turn the power off to the oven and wait 30 seconds and then turn it back on.
Then it should start to flash 00:00
You then need to hold buttons 1 and 2 and at the same time press the + button and set the time.

If that doesnt work then do the above again but instead press buttons 2 and 3 and the + button.

Try them and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have followed your instructions but the clock is not flashing when I switched power back on and with depressing the said buttons nothing happens., ??

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if the clockisnt flashing whats its showing then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It reads auto (vertical) and then 0 00 and just does not respond to the + or - buttons at all.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok when you press the buttons do they feel like its pressing against the timer? You normally feel like a click.

Also if you turn the power off for a few minutes and then turn the oven on will the clock flash?

As to the set the time the 00:00 needs to be flashing so try turning then power off for a few minutes and try it that way.

If none of the above does the trick then its looking like the timer clock is the issue as they can fail like this as ive replaced loads of them over the years for faults like this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Daniel, I tend to think that as you say the timer must now be faulty and needs replacing , Is this a major job and approx. what cost and could this be done without access be to the back of the cooker, or merely be done from the front.

Thank You.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Im afraid this is a bit of a strip down as the oven will need to be pulled out and you usually need to remove the complete hob top and then remove the front panel and then you can access the timer from there. So it will need to be pulled out and stripped down to access the timer.

The part itself is around £50-70 roughly.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.