Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Logixx8 washer. At the end of wash cycles the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Logixx8 washer. At the end of wash cycles the fabric conditioner is still in its place in the soap dispenser. There is a lot of black gunge in the cavity which takes the soap draw, which seems impossible to clean completely. I`ve tried various brushes and clothes to remove the black but it seems impossible. I assume this is blocking the water required to force the conditioner into the drum. How can I clean the inaccessible parts and how might I get the conditioner to flow again? I have already replaced the soap draw and its fittings.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the dispenser lid is covered in black gunge then it will be inside it blocking the channels in there so the water goes though other holes so this is why it doesnt take the softner.

What you can try is remove the soap drawer and look inside there at the roof above the softner section and you will see a few holes.
Get some strimmer wire and push this into the holes and push it as far in there as you can. As this could clear the water channels in there.

Then retry it and see how it goes. If its still the same then you need to pull the washer out and remove the top. There you will see the dispenser box. Release this from the front panel and then you can release the top from the dispenser box. Remove the hoses at the back and then try and give this a good clean out with a hose pipe and see if this works.

If not then you need to replace the dispenser top as this is availble as a spare part and with a new one fitted this will cure the fault from there.

Its a very common fault on these washers so see if you can clear it by doing the above but if not then you need to replace the dispenser top and that will fix it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for advise. Not able to check today but will hopefully try at the weekend, hence my `no rush` indication on original enquiry. Will txt again after weekend.

Regards,

PJ

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries thats fine.