Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I reconnecting the wiring on a hotpoint aquarius

I reconnecting the wiring on a hotpoint aquarius wma50. I've successfully placed the cables on the board. However, I have a problem with the cables to the pressure switch. Is there someone who can tell me which cable goes to which connector, please/ Thank you XXXX XXXX

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Looking at the pressure switch wiring do you have a block with 3 wires in it and a single wire on its own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

erm no. what i do have is a block on the pressure switch with four connectors. the two on the left are taken by a block of two wires, which i've successfully located. The two connectors on the right are empty so far. I have an earth cable not connected to anything!!!

Pru

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok just realised on the diagrame the block is only 2 wires.

Do you have another wire that has a plastic cover over it and is violet and green.
Then the other wire is just a metal tag with no cover and this should be brown and green

Then the earth wire you have is this the brown and green wire as the pressure switch isnt earthed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've found the violet and green does that go in position 3 or 4 from left to right?

And the brown and green, where does that go/

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok the violet and green wire goes to 3
Then the brown and green goes to 4

Try that and that will do the trick. As if you look on the pressure switch the tags are actually numbered up from left to right with 16,12,14,11 so if you class this as 1,2,3 and 4 its as below

1=Black block
2= Black block
3= violet and green
4= brown and green

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** does the other end of the brown green cable connect to? I've looked and looked repeatedly and I cant find the spade for the loose end!!

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The other end of the brown and green wire goes to the control board. If you remove the board again and look on the far right you will see 2 wires. The brown and green goes to the left of that 2 wire block on the control board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Daniel T, you officially one of my heros, right up there with Stephen Hawkings! I've got 30 years of experience on Electronics etc and I still get connection blindness on occasion.

Thank you so much for your help

mwah mwah

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ha ha. Nice one glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.