Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Older miele novotronic washer w906.....cleaned and replaced

older miele novotronic washer w906.....cleaned and replaced filter at bottom left....replaced and tightened 3 turns as recommended.......water gushes out the pipe to the side of the filter instead of entering the machine...why???
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Is this the the thin black hose that sits right next to the filter?

Have you owned this machine for a long time?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the machine is 15 years old.....the .5cm black hose leads to a white plastic fitting attached to the door opening to access the filter

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony

This sounds like the water release hose that you use to drain the water from the filter housing, when you want to pull the filter out.

There should be a plug type bung that fits into the end of that hose. You pull the bung out to allow the water out, then put it back in to allow the machine to fill

Let me know if you dont remember this .

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob