KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Beko WMI 71641 integrated washing machine has stopped mid-cycle.

Customer Question

My Beko WMI 71641 integrated washing machine has stopped mid-cycle. The screen is blank. I have tried turning it off and on again and changed the fuse in the wall plate. I have also tried re-setting by pressing the start/cancel button for 10 seconds. I suspect it has gone into some kind of self protection state as a result of probable overloading (too many towels!). Can you suggest anything or do I need to call out an engineer?
Mike
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... have you already tried to clean the drain hose/pump ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but if you think that might be the cause how do I do it? And why would it have switched off the electrics rather than just flashing up a warning? The screen is blank which would indicate that no power is getting to the machine. In any event I've downloaded the manual so will clean the filter and see what happens.

With the washer unplugged ... remove the bottom front panel of the washer, remove the drain filter and make sure to clean it completely ... also pull the machine out and clean the drain hose ... after everything is cleaned follow this procedure to reset the control:Plug the washer back and with the power button turned off select 90 degree washPress Start and Cancel button down at same time for 3 seconds and turn power button on while you hold the buttons down - Start light will flash.Leave power on.Select any Spin position.Press Start and Cancel button at same time again for 3 seconds - other buttons may start to flash - if they do, press Start and Cancel button together again for 3 seconds. This should reset the washer ... please let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All cleaned but I can't select a 90 degree wash on this model. The nearest thing is the self clean setting, but that hasn't worked. Any other ideas?

OK and the screen is still blank ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

The problem is most likely with the control board itself that is bad and will need replacement ... new one will cost around £70 + labor
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks