Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Creda Colonial Range Model No. 49806 has developed a fault

Customer Question

Our Creda Colonial Range Model No. 49806 has developed a fault with the IGNITION. Whilst I was cooking on one of the gas burners the ignition spark started on another burner. I thought the button might be stuck and pressed it . I received an electric shock. We switched off the electricity supply and when we switch back on the spark on one burner clicks all the while and all gas burners come on if you turn their switches. Everything else on the cooker seems to be working alright.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Try this and see what happens. Remove the burners to that hob and turn the power off to the oven.

There you will see the white spark lead. Use a dry cloth and wipe this clean.
Also get a hairdryer and heat it up for a few minutes.
Then refit the burners and turn the oven back on and see if it stops sparking from there.

But if after thats its still the same then its going to be a faulty spark genarator which will need to be replaced and that will cure the fault.

But try the above first and see what happens and Let me know how it goes.