Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am been using a bellinger range, and one of the back

Hi, I am been using a bellinger range, and one of the back rings is trying to ignite on its own and it keeps sending a spark and making a noise even with the gas turned off. Don't know what to do to stop the noise? Please help?  The light has also come on in the oven part and I don't know how to turn it of.  Thanks, Dervilla

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Was the hob top in use before this happened?

Try this and see what happens. Remove the burners to that hob and turn the power off to the oven.

There you will see the white spark lead. Use a dry cloth and wipe this clean.
Also get a hairdryer and heat it up for a few minutes.
Then refit the burners and turn the oven back on and see if it stops sparking from there.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I was using one of the rings to cook and once turned off about 10 minutes after it started to spark. Also the right hand part of the cookers light came on and I don't know how to turn this off?

Now it looks like the spark has now gone from the top of the hob and it's still sending a spark I believe to the top right hand side of the oven instead.

What do you think I should do please?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok sometimes if the spark leads get wet it can cause this fault were the spark leads start sparking all the time.

What you can try is turn the power off to the oven and use the hairdyer and heat all the spark leads up in there. Do all the burners and all the spark leads in the oven. Heat each one for a few minutes and then turn the power back on and fingers crossed the sparking has stopped.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But why is it clicking and why use a hairdryer when I can get at the back of the oven?

Just found the problem……one switch was slightly turned on and I had not spotted it. But it's all sorted now. Thanks.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Its clicking its faulty and as i said most of the time its down to moisture on one of the spark leads which then causes the spark box to send the feed to the spark lead.

So the hairdyer drys it out and clears the moisture from the spark lead. Now it could be a fault with the spark box at the back but try the above first as this is an easyer fix so just try that and see what happens.