KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have a Samsung heat pump dryer model DV70F5E0HGW and

Hi - we have a Samsung heat pump dryer model DV70F5E0HGW and the filters haven't been cleaned - I have now done them but the dryer still says fault HE when switched on and I can't clear it. It did this once before and an engineer pressed a load of buttons and didn't replace anything but got it working. Is there a rest method or anything I could try please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer ... HE error code in your dryer indicates a heater fault ... how old is it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's only 18 months old
Thanks for that ... you will have to take the back off and then check the heating element..if you can test it for continuity, also test the thermostats there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So Kevin it has faulted in this way before - I knew the HE code indicated heating element fault and as I said in the first post the issue was a clogged filter which has now been cleared - I have an engineer booked for Monday but as I said last time the only thing the engineer did was some form of fault code reset.
You can remove the back of the dryer and check if there is a thermostat with a red button, if it has then press that to reset ... if it does not then you have to test the thermostat and heater... the problem can be with heater as the error has appeared earlier as well