Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Samsung washing machine model WF B1456GW/XEU and I

I have a Samsung washing machine model WF B1456GW/XEU and I have just turned on the power button,and a split second after there is NO power to the machine at all.
Checked plug fuse O.K.checked wall socket O.K,taken off front panel and thevery small black switch behind on panel board is clicking but still no power to machine and no panel lights showing up either.
Is this meaning the panel board is faulty !!!!!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Im afraid if the power supply is ok going to the washer but theres nothing comming up on the display then its more then likely a faulty control board. As the switch on there is part of the board itself.
But first look at the back of the washer with the top off were the power cable enters the washer. It will go to the mains filter first. Just check theres no sings of burning on there. You may have checked this already so if you have im sorry for going over it again.
But if thats all ok then its looking like the contol board is the issue here.
Im afraid control boards are not that good on modern appliances these days as its one of the parts we replace a lot off on washers as they dont seem to last long anymore.
Sorry its not looking like good news but if the power supply is good to the washer and the mains filter at the back isnt burnt out then it looking like the control board behind the panel is the issue here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been and checked the mains filter and I cannot see any signs of burning or smell on the white component,and I see a new control board is retailing at 129.00 on a spares site.
So it seems a new machine is to be purchasedRegardsBruce
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok if the mains filter is fine then its looking like the control board is the issue here.
And to be honest thats what i would do is get a new washer as £130 just for a new part is very expensive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
many thanks for your help
have a goo day