Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an talk integrated fridge, just fitted. The doors appear

I have an talk integrated fridge, just fitted. The doors appear to heavy when opening via the decor doors.
Every one as commented on it.
Kids have to really pull to open the fridge.
Is this how it is?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neff h1772
W558xD545
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please as the numbers you posted are just the dimensions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neff Kl1813f30G
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

The wooden doors you have attched to the appliance are the solid oak doors or just normal kitchen cuboard doors?

Also is it one full door or is it 2 seaprate doors bolted together?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mdf with glossy coating

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok mdf doors are not to bad for doors on these as tney are not that heavy compared to solid oak doors which we have trouble with.

The hinges on these doors are spring loaded hinges. So if when you open it the door feels really heavy its either down to the fact thats how it is or the hinges are weak. Now without me being there and feeling it its hard to say.

But fridge doors on built in should feel very heavy as if it is you will get trouble with them later in life of the fridge as the hinges will break in the end.

So if the wooden door isnt catching on anything then you may be best getting Neff in to check it out. As there is a chance it could be weak hinges causing this.

But if you feel its to heavy then its more then likely is faulty as doors should be able to be opened easy by anyone.