George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

During a wash cycle programme stops filling at 24 minutes

During a wash cycle programme stops filling at 24 minutes showing a sign of a tap crossed through, press the stop/pause button and it continues to fill up then carries on to 12 minutes then stops as before, press stop pause button and continues to end
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Check the drain pump is working, that there is nothing stopping the impeller rotating, and that there are no blockages.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's draining fine, but each time it stops it stops mid fill

In that case Jeanette, have the inlet valves checked to make sure one of them hasn't stopped working reducing the amount of water inlet and preventing the pressure switch from switching.

The inlet valves are under the lid, where the inlet hose enters the appliance...

Can you also let me know the model number of the appliance please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WMI 7462 W20 is the model

The valve looks like this.. Using a multi meter, ensure that there is a resistance reading across the terminals inside the plugs..

graphic

Hi Jeanette, how are you getting on with testing the valves?

If after you have tested the valves you find that both have a resistance reading, check the pressure switch for a blockage in the hose.. or a possible other fault

Please rate the assistance given by me today & feel then free to ask if you need further help