George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint ultima lcd it has stopped halfway through

Customer Question

hi
I have a hotpoint ultima lcd
it has stopped halfway through cycle
the screen flashed error f 11
after resetting the power
I tried to drain and spin
it drains but doesn't seem to spin
any ideas
or belt not broken
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you supply the model number of the appliance please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hotpoint ultima wmud 942
The F11 fault code that you received was instructing you of a drain circuit error..
This means that your appliance failed to drain withing a certain period of time, or that the fact that is has drained has not been detected...
Check the wiring connections on the pump, the module, and moreso the pressure switch.. Also check the hose of the pressure switch for blockages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put the machine on to drain and spin
it drains the water out ,then seems to go to spin then just stop
I have also tried a quick wash ,it fills up and then same again it stops
as if there is a fault with the drum/motor
that is why I checked the belt ?
Ok, thanks for that extra information...
When the appliance starts to spin;
does it spin normally or does it start spinning in an immediate fast spin?
how long does it spin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi.. sorry,
I meant it goes to spin but no movement,
then just freezes
both in wash and spin
I have took the pump of ,there was no blockages
the pump drains as it should but wont do the next stage
when I put it on a wash cycle, if fills water then just freezes the same ?
This is either the 3 Phase motor, its controlling Arcadia board, or the pressure switch..
I have found in many cases that the pressure switch not switching after detecting fill/empty has been the cause; but almost as common the fault has been with the Arcadia board that controls the motor.
Check the connections to the pressure switch.. If the connections are ok then I would suggest to replace it.. This is your cheapest option other than sending the board to be tested...
I do have details of a company who can test the board for you if you wish to contact them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
that seems to make sense, being the pressure switch
don't know were to find this though
looks like a costly repair
thanks anyhow
phil
The pressure switch is usually found just under the lid of the appliance
It looks like this. Although this is an upside down image of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi .. no image was sent.
I have just looked under the lid, I think I have located it
does it have small pipe going to it ?
yes..
take the hose off the pressure switch and blow down it to ensure it is not blocked..
check the connections are clean and making a good connection
if you are able, use a multimeter to check the continuity of the cables to their destination
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi. just had the pressure switch of.
took the pipe of ,blew down it,, hard to say if it was blocked or not couldn't tell
my meter is at work unfortantley
just tried to do s[in again .. makes a noise for about 3 seconds, releasing water then freezes ?
did you say the pump only operates for 3 secs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ..yes
if there is water in it releases it. then stops
if you put a wash on ,it takes water on then stops
I would suggest also using a good multmeter on the pump also... and especially since this is the source of the fault code..
If there is a fault in the motor of the pump, this will be detected and will throw forward an F11 fault.
At this point I must ask that you rate the assistance already given today... Once rated, if you need further assistance I will attempt to help you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there... I have changed both the pressure switch and pump.. still the same fault
Did you check the connections to the Arcadia Board at the rear left or the appliance just inside the rear cover?