George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Machine stared to bleep . Managed to open emergency door pull

Machine stared to bleep . Managed to open emergency door pull . Found towels were very heavy . Lights still are flashing , how to we restart machine?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Is there water still in the drum?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very little
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Awaiting reply

Thank you David, please bare with me as I am not a fast typist..

It is likely then that one of two things is wrong.... either the pump is blocked, or, the load was out of balance... Either of these will cause the appliance to fault out.

Drain the water from the appliance and check the pump filter.. whilst doing so, check that the impeller can rotate.

Let me know what you find.. If this is not the issue then we can investigate further..

Please let me know the ENR of the appliance.. This will be sited near to the FD that you have already given.

Also let me know which lights are flashing on the appliance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
? Enr only nos I have 200633 w54020xogb/13
Lights flashing ready spin and400
Thank you David...

When I get into work tomorrow, I will have a look to see what the fault code is indicating and let you know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't given you a fault no. ? I turn the dial to drain or rinse press start button then flashes in sinc with spin light and 400 light I will await response in morning . I will also phone neff
The flashing Spin & 400 lights are a fault code.. This will indicate to us what area the fault lies in..

I have already suggested that you check the pump to see if it is blocked.. and that it could be a case that the load was out of balance... The fact that the appliance is now 7 years old could mean that the brushes in the motor are worn.. This would cause the balance of the load to be affected.

I shall let you know tomorrow.

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks await your reply tomorrow
As I presumed David, The fault code is indicating an Out Of Balance in the load of the appliance..

Check the drain filter to ensure that the appliance can rid itself of waste water
Even out the load and try it again..

If the appliance faulters on the same code again, check the motor for brush wear or excess carbon dust.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have cleared drain plug but it s still bleeping machine will not start. Phoned neff coming Wednesday I think drum is out of balance . Thanks for your input
You're very welcome David