George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have a Stoves Sterling 1000DF range cooker. Yesterday whilst using the grill/oven on o

Hi, have a Stoves Sterling 1000DF range cooker. Yesterday whilst using the grill/oven on oven mode after about an hour the oven light and clock kept switching on and off and a clicking sound (like a relay) could be heard. Kept switching on and off sporadically then until we'd finished cooking. Oven on the other side worked fine with no loss of power during this time
Any thoughts?
Thanks Brian
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Brian, my name is George..
Can you let me know what the Model Code is for this appliance, you will normally find it at the base of the oven just inside the door opening.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George,
Model number is###-##-####I'm pretty technically competent and have replaced various parts on the oven already over the years. Where I need the help is in pinning down which part it is that I need to replace
Can you just confirm for me:
The oven you are discussing is the oven containing the fan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there are two ovens - one on the right as you are facing the cooker is a fan oven and perfectly fine. One on the left is also a fan oven but includes the grill and can be controlled via the timer. Grill appears to work fine the issue was when using the oven in fan mode, not on the timer.
Clock goes off, oven light goes out, red indicator light on oven temperature knob goes out - clicking noise and then flickers on and off randomly. Whilst this is all going on the other oven is functioning perfectly
If the grill is working fine on this according to the wiring diagram both the grill and the often go through the selector switch. If the selector switch is faulty on the finger that controls the main oven, then this will happen. I have changed many of these for similar reasons
Have a look at the selector switch and check that the fingers are working correctly and are not spotted up like a pair of points in a car
Let me know what you find
Any news Brian?