Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Electrolux double oven -top oven is a grill and oven

Customer Question

I have a Electrolux double oven -top oven is a grill and oven and a separate fan oven
The problem is when either grill or main oven are in use for a while they just cut off and I have to wait until they cool down and the they will work again - I also notice the whole dial where the switches are get very hot also.
Cooker Model No is EOD6335K
Serial No(###) ###-####
I also have an Induction Hob (Electrolux) and the whole top of it gets hot also
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

I am able to help you with the oven, but you would need to repost the hob as a seperate question
Is that OK?
If so,
Can you tell me how old this is?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This cooker is about 7 or 8 years old

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Maureen

OK, in the top of the oven is a cooling fan. This runs to keep the electronics and controls cool, when the oven is running.

If the fan fails there is a thermostat which cuts the oven off totally, so as to protect the electronics

This is what is happening here

You will need to check the fan itself, as this is the most likely culprit.
If the fan has failed, you will need to replace it

If you need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob