Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can you tell me what a e13 fault is on a whirlpool awz612

Can you tell me what a e13 fault is on a whirlpool awz612 sevice code 857591315001 please
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
E13 error code is a door lock related fault.
You need to check the door lock itself, The wiring to the lock or the control board at the back of the washer as it will be down to one of them for this error code.
If you have a multi meter you can test the door lock.
Remove it and disconnect the wires and there you will see 3 tags. With your meter test between the tags and you should get a contonuity reading between 2 of the tags. If you dont then the door lock is the fault here and will need to be replaced.
But thats what the E13 error code means.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks tock door lock off checked plug to lock ok put lock back on closed door machine is now working