Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Just descaled a Bosch Sensixx B45L and, to do a better job,

Just descaled a Bosch Sensixx B45L and, to do a better job, used a small bottle brush inside the boiler tank. Now it won't work. The iron heats up but no water seems to enter the boiler tank. The pump does not come on. I've had a look inside the tank with a torch and noticed a small coiled spring like structure which looked as if it had been stretched out and pushed behind the heating element, I presume by my ill advised bottle brushing. I've freed it off by means of a small wire hook, but it remains distorted and stretched. I suspect this is a sensor for the water level. Have I wrecked it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ can you give me the full ENr please which will start TDS45.. and end with /.. then I can have a look and see what we can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ENr is TDS4570GB/02

Serial No is 346588

I attach the link to the spare parts diagrams and part numbers together with the prices, this will allow you to see what is available and if you think its a viable repair. --

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/SteamGeneratorUltimatesteamgenerator/TDS4570GB/02#explodeTab2

Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, once done you can ask all further questions on a free of charge basis. Ian