Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

FDL 570 Dishwasher moved from one location to another....was

Customer Question

FDL 570 Dishwasher moved from one location to another....was working fine but now I can hear it filling AND THEN IT DRAINS STRAIGHT AWAY.
After this happens I get flashing lights on the front.
What may be causing this ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Were does the drain hose go to?
Is it under the sink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, have tried with it connected to the waste using a jubilee clip AND pushed down the waste pipe.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so you have tried running the dishwasher with the waste hose in a stand pipe and its still the same is it?

What lights are flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, wether in pipe or connected, the result is always filling and draining straight away, then the lights flash and the machine continues to 'hum'.

the lights are..

Wash 3h AND End 9h

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks for that. This error code you have can be a few things.

First make sure the mesh filter is fitted correctly in place and also make sure its all clean. Turn it over and make sure it isnt covered in slime.

If thats fine then you need to access the workings underneath and locate the pressure switch and remove the tube to it and blow hard through it as if you have an airlock in there this can cause the fault as well.

But if thats all fine then its possibley the wash motor at fault. As if this doesnt kick in and spray the water around the water level doesnt drop so the pressure switch thinks its overfilled and aborts the cycle and flashes the error code.

So try the above and see what you find. As moving it could have caused an airlock in the pressure chamber or it could be a faulty wash motor as they dont like to be moved around these appliances.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok....as time is ticking on and I work nights, can I get back to you tomorrow daytime.

i wiil rate you now but may need follow up questions.

will this cost more money ?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.

When you rate now it doesnt close the question so you can come back to me on this without paying again thats not a problem. As you only pay the once.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi again......i have rated the service as excellent but still need your help.

i have looked underneath and every thing is sealed/screwed together.

how do i locate the presure switch and what does it look like ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HAVING PROBLEMS CONTACTING YOU

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To access the pressure switch you need to remove both side panels and its usually on the side. Its a small round thing with a few wires to it and a thin hose going to the bottom of it.