Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Riccar 808E sewing machine. The drive gear

Customer Question

I have a Riccar 808E sewing machine. The drive gear for the machine hook broke into pieces. I have purchased a new part (original) from a shop in Bedford but am worried about fitting it. How do I set the machine hook in correct alignment with the drive for the needle operation? The new drive is a helical gear but the gear attached to the hook is not visible. Even if I set the needle and hook in correct alignment (which I do not know) the hook will move as I slide the new gear into position.

I HAVE NOW DEALT WITH THE PROBLEM - I didn't realise I would have to wait so long for an answer. I hope that you will be able to refund any payment you may have taken.