George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch Maxx 2260 which is working perfectly well except

I have a Bosch Maxx 2260 which is working perfectly well except that the conditioner is not going through the wash and the conditioner dispenser is full when the wash is completed. I have removed the whole dispenser after each wash and thoroughly cleaned it. I have also removed the bottom drainage pump to see if there was a blockage but this was clean. Any other ideas as to why this is happening would be appreciated.
Many thanks - Betty Nickolls
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the full ENR of the appliance please Betty.. You'll find it on a data label inside the door opening .. I think yours is WFL 2260, but I need to check.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The number inside the door is -

WFL2260UK/01 FD790601781

Is it full of conditioner Betty, or is it a mix of water and conditioner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George - it is a mix of water and conditioner

The fact that water is in the compartment with the conditioner Betty, indicates that the water system is working and it is therefore a problem with components of the tray itself, or with the feed..

Have a look at the image below.. The area that I have circled in black is usually removable.. remove it and look up into it.. you'll probably find gunge blocking it.. give it a scrub together with the tube that it fits onto.. then place it back into the tray and test..

Let me know how you get on.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George

Thanks for your reply. I clean the parts you mention after each wash.

Am thinking of changing my washing powder to one that includes conditioner.

Am off on holiday tomorrow so can't do much more now.

Thanks for your help. All the best - Betty

Ok Betty, then if you are sure that the syphon is clean, and you are certain that the liquid is not too thick, then this leaves only one remaining cause.. There is not ENOUGH water getting to the conditioner compartment of the dispenser.

You may need to get someone to do this for you... Take off the lid of the appliance and detach the lid of the detergent dispenser (making a note of the hose connections).. Give the dispenser lid a thorough soaking and de-clog.. Make sure water can flow freely through all the holes and inlets.

Also check the flow of the inlet valve for the conditioner compartment afterwards by removing the drawer and watching the position and quantity of the water that drops through the top of the dispenser.

Once this is done you should have no problems.

Please rate the assistance given by me and feel free to return to discuss the problem further if necessary...

Have a good holiday
George