George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a classics 6 washing machine. The fabric softener/conditioner

I have a classics 6 washing machine. The fabric softener/conditioner doesn't seem to get drawn down into the machine no matter which cycle the machine is on, so that at the end of a complete cycle there is conditioner and water still in the detergent drawer. I've cleaned the drawer as well as the hose and filter in the service flap but to no avail, any suggestions please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..

Can you tell me the ENR of the appliance please.. You'll find it on a data label inside the door opening

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello George, the number is :

W..E24165GB06

Thanks Chris,

The fact that water is in the compartment with the conditioner indicates that the water system is working and it is therefore a problem with the tray itself..

Have a look at the image below.. The area that I have circled in black is usually removable.. remove it and look up into it.. you'll probably find gunge blocking it.. give it a scrub together with the tube that it fits onto.. then place it back into the tray and test..

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've done exactly that 3 times its as clean as a whistle as is the rest of the drawer/compartment.

Ok, before I suggest something more technical, what conditioner are you using... Also, is it a concentrated one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's comfort and yes it's a concentrate but it's the same one I've been using since I've had the machine and I don't put a lot of it in as I don't need to really.

Ok Chris, then if you are sure that the syphon is clean, and you are certain the liquid is not too thick, then this leaves only one remaining cause.. There is not ENOUGH water getting to the conditioner compartment of the dispenser.

Take off the lid of the appliance and detach the lid of the detergent dispenser (making a note of the hose connections).. Give the dispenser lid a thorough soaking and de-clog.. Make sure water can flow freely through all the holes and inlets.

Also check the flow of the inlet valve for the conditioner compartment

Once this is done you should have no problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks George, I'll have a go.

Ok Chris, please remember to rate the assistance given.

regards
George