George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have nearly finished replacing a faulty turntable motor on

I have nearly finished replacing a faulty turntable motor on my Breville Microwave BRE997SSG. However, a wire that "fell off" its terminal (my fault) whilst I was doing the stripdown now needs reconnecting. The wire connects an electrical component (which looks like a capacitor) between Chassis (the underside plate) and a non-selfevident terminal, via a small push-on connector. I can see two possible terminals but I am loathe to use the "suck-it-and-see" method!! Can you help me, please?
Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have taken a photo (attached) of the cable and connector, and annotated the relevant parts.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Adam, I am more than happy to wait as long as it takes. As I said, low urgency. I assume that I will get an email when you have found such a professional.Thanks again,Bob
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time? Thank you for your patience, Adam
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bob, my name is George..
Do you still require assistance with this?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have all the patience in the world, George. I HAVE to get this microwave repaired.
The bleed diode should be connected to the unshielded terminal on the right in your image (The terminal that is not fused) .
Be careful that the capacitor is fully discharged as a shock from a capacitor such as this can kill.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Hi Bob,
Can I ask you to rate the assistance given by me...
regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
George AND Adam, YOU ARE GOOD!!!! I followed your advice (including the safety part!) and the Microwave is now FULLY working, and, even better, my wife is really pleased! I have also rated you Top Dog. I appreciate the hard work and expertise of you both. Thank you both.