Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

My hotpoint airtech evolution fr/freezer has stopped cooling,

HI, my hotpoint airtech evolution... Show More
HI, my hotpoint airtech evolution fr/freezer has stopped cooling, but still freezes. is there perhaps a fan that blows cool air into the fridge part that has stopped working?
Show Less
replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes theres a fan in the freezer which blows the cold air into the fridge section. What happens a lot on these is ice builds up in the plastic panel inside the freezer and then this stops the fan from running so the fridge then goes cold. What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel in the freezer and disconnect the wires for the fan motor at the top. From there you need to melt all the ice in the back panel. Remove the 4 screws holding the fan in and remove the fan from the panel. Melt the ice in there and make sure the fan is free from ice as well. Then refit the panel and the fan and retry it and you will find this will be back to normal from there. But if you dont want to go removing panels then you need to empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and keep the freezer door open and this will melt the ice from there for you. So try the above and you will get the fridge back up and running again from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards