KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an electroux dishwaser it runs fine but will not heat

I have an electroux dishwaser it runs fine but will not heat nor dry. how do I know if it is the heater, sensor or controller?
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it is usually the heater when it wont heat ... can you test the element with a multimeter ? If yes please let me know its complete model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi kevin, took ages to get to it the heater [ flow through, underneath behind the pump] but it seems fine 26 ohms across the terminals. So how do I trouble shoot the sensor/ controller?
It is a built in model Electrolux model; ESL66910 [###-##-####]
If the element is fine then it is most likely the sensor that need replacement ... you can test it with a meter before replacing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sensor has 4 wires all the same color sounds tricky I can't track down a wiring diagrame, any thoughts
I hope you are checking the correct part ... please check image attached
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that is the guy it is mounted in the sump. I assume it will open circuit ie infinite resistance if it is working? but it must be two sensors in one.
it will show open circuit if it is not working ... if it working it will show continuity across those two terminals