Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch 1200 classic washing machine error fault F21

Customer Question

? Bosch 1200 classic washing machine error fault F21
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you post the full model number please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts E-nr. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE CHECKED OUT ANOTHER BOSCH WEBSITE AND THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE MAIN DRIVE MOTOR ( F 21 ) ,IT WAS ON ONE OF THEIR CUSTOMER BROCHURES .THE BRUSHES ARE WORN AND NEED REPLACEMENT . I HAVE ORDERED THEM AND THEY ARE ON THE WAY .

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thats fine. I know what the error code mean but i was going to do a reset to cure the fault from the screen but if you have found the brushes are worn then that will be the fault. But if you replace them and its still showing F21 then just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
s/n of machine WAE24363GB/05 FD 8810 608911 It was not the brushes as I thought . Is there some method in clearing the fault when the brushes are replaced ? F 21
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the brushes were worn and have been replaced but its still showing the F21 error code then you need to reset the control unit first to reset the code. To do this its as below.

Turn the knob to the off position.

Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.

Press and hold the spin reduce button.

While holding it, turn to the 7 o'clock position.

Release the spin button after a few seconds.

Turn the knob to the off position.

Then retry the washer and see what happens and let me know.